We have visions of cranberries dancing in our heads this holiday season. So we added them to our new pumpkin bread mix with Vi-Shape® and called it a day. Cozy up with a cup of cocoa and this yummy bread with a bite on a cold winter’s day and enjoy life’s simple pleasures.
Pumpkin-Cranberry Loaf with Vi-Shape
- 4 scoops Vi-Shape Shake Mix
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Did you know? Half a cup of cranberries contains only 25 calories. Not only that, but cranberries contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties.
Choose fresh, plump cranberries that are firm to the touch and deep red in color. Fresh cranberries can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. Frozen cranberries keep for several years.
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin or organic pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (beaten) OR 1 banana (mashed)
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine Vi-Shape, flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar and eggs or banana in medium bowl. Add pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir well. Add cranberries and raisins.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until batter forms. Spoon batter into 9×5” loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve sliced.
Yields 10-12 slices