If you’re like many of us always wanting to explore the healthy fun in veggies, you’ll want to try this recipe. Not only does it leverage the vitamins in zucchinis, but it also blends in the protein from Vi Crunch®. Great for healthy bite-sized snacks!
TOTAL TIME: 50 min
PREP: 20 min
COOK: 30 min
YIELD: 4 servings, serving size 1/2
- Cooking spray (I use olive oil)
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup crushed Vi Crunch (or bread crumbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchinis with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, Vi Crunch, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: (serving size, 1/2 cup)
Calories 105; Total Fat 6g (Sat Fat 2g, Mono Fat 2g, Poly Fat 0g); Protein 5g; Carb 8.5g; Fiber 1.5g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 222mg
- Excellent Source of: Molybdenum, Vitamin C
- Good Source of: Calcium, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Protein
Source: Brenda Casamento
Disclaimer & Copyright Statement: The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors on the Vi Hub website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of ViSalus. The author of each article published on the Vi Hub owns his or her own words. Reproduction of this article or any portion of this website is only at the expressed permission of ViSalus. The information provided on the Vi Hub website is for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.