Dark chocolate anyone? Yes, please. Once we realized dark chocolate packed so many health benefits we were fully on board. Antioxidants abound in this sweet treat that’s right at home next to peanut butter and rolled oats. The added Vi-Shape® kicks the protein power up a notch and only enhances the taste of these delicious, non-dairy clusters that practically melt in your mouth. Your kids will beg for these in school lunches as summer winds down and you’ll enjoy them just as much—maybe even more.
Dark Chocolate Protein Clusters
- 1 scoop Vi-Shape Shake Mix
- 1.5 tbsp. natural peanut butter
Did you know? Peanut butter is a great source of omega-6 fatty acids, which are important for brain growth, reproductive health, strong bones and more. A healthy diet includes a balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- ¼ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Did you know? Dark chocolate is a superfood. Cacao is the secret ingredient behind great taste and nutrition. Choose dark chocolate with at least 70% cacao (or cocoa—cacao in its roasted, ground form) to reap benefits like improved heart health and less stress.
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2.5 tbsp. soy, almond or rice milk
- Combine Vi-Shape, peanut butter, dark chocolate and milk in a saucepan and heat until chocolate melts (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in oats and remove from heat.
- Spoon ball-shaped portions onto baking sheet lined with wax paper and allow to set in refrigerator 10 minutes.