Indulge your sweet tooth and your party guests with a delectable pound cake topped with fresh berries this Fourth of July. Read on to see how our recipe incorporates nutritious Vi-Shape® and protein powered Vi Crunch® for added delight. Happy Independence Day!
Freedom Cake with Vi-Shape
- 4 scoops Vi-Shape Shake Mix
- 3 cups coconut flour
- 3 eggs (beaten) OR 1 ½ bananas (mashed)
- 1 ½ cups unrefined brown sugar OR 1 cup honey
- 1 cup skim milk OR light coconut milk
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
Whipped Cream Frosting (optional)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar (can substitute to taste with Vi-Shape Shake Mix)
- 2 ½ tsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare 3, 8″ round cake pans.
- Combine Vi-Shape, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl and using a hand mixer, combine wet ingredients. Add sugar gradually.
- Line bottom of 3, 8″ round cake pans with parchment paper and divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes in pans then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost as desired.
Top with your choice of fresh, seasonal berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. Dust the sides of cake with Vi Crunch or sliced almonds.
*If you prefer a sheet cake, use a 5x10x1” pan. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes. If you prefer a 9” round layer cake, use 2, 9” round pans. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes.