Hey, breakfast fans! Looking for some new ideas to help kick start your mornings with Vi-Shape®? You’re in luck! We’ve gotten a little help from some of our blogger friends to whip up some tasty recipes that would be perfect for an early morning Challenge Group!
So get out of that breakfast time slump and “shake” up your a.m. routine with these four breakfast treats.
For more great Vi-Shape® recipes, check out Beyond the Blender.
Protein Fruit Rollups
(from Colorful Palate blog)
- 3 cups strawberries
- 4 heaping scoops Vi-Shape® Shake Mix
- Blend strawberries and Vi-Shape thoroughly and spread mixture onto two dehydrator trays.
- Let mixture dehydrate at 105°F for about 16 hours (if you over dry the rollups, just mist with water and let sit for a few minutes).
- Cut into strips and roll them up.
Makes approximately 6 rollups
Banana Bread Bars
(from Heather’s French Press blog)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Vi-Shape® Shake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 8×8 baking pan.
- Combine dry ingredients, then add mashed banana.
- Fold in chocolate chips and press batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes approximately 8 bars
Strawberries & Cream Baked Protein Oatmeal
(from Once Upon a Cutting Board blog)
- 2 cups large-flake rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Vi-Shape® Shake Mix
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups low-fat milk (any type, as long as it’s unsweetened)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in about 1 cup of the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly as best as possible with your spatula.
- Arrange remaining strawberries evenly on top (don’t press down on them so they stay on top).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm, with maple syrup if desired.
Serving size 4-6
Gluten Free Cake Batter Protein French Toast
(from Gluten Hates Me blog)
- 6 slices of gluten free bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 scoop Vi-Shape® Shake Mix
- berries for topping
- Start by whisking together the eggs, milk and Vi-Shape.
- Whisk until fully blended, meaning there are no large lumps.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the french toast in three batches, two pieces of bread at a time.
- Soak one piece of bread at a time in the Vi-Shape liquid.
- Let the liquid soak into the bread, flipping to get both sides well covered.
- From the liquid into the hot pan, let the toast cook on each side until it turns golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Top with fresh berries – and you’re ready to eat.
Serving size 2-3
Banana Chocolate Nut Energy Bars
(from Kitchen Corners blog)
- 3 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Vi-Shape® Shake Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup ground cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix oats, flour, Vi-Shape, cinnamon, salt and cacao nibs.
- Chop almonds and pecan into large pieces.
- Add chopped nuts and sunflower seeds to the oat mixture.
- In a microwavable bowl or small saucepan, mix brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, vegetable oil, coconut oil and bananas together.
- Mash the bananas and mix well with the other ingredients. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or heat over the stovetop until almost boiling.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 inch glass dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Makes approximately 20 bars