Want to get healthy right now? We’ve rounded up 6 quick and easy health tips that will help you ditch your bad habits and get back on track to living your best life. Read on.
- Do 25 Jumping Jacks. This simple exercise helps get your blood circulating and your heart pumping. Movement is key because it stops stress in its tracks and can have an incredibly positive impact on your mood. Activity, even if it’s for a few moments, boosts endorphins.
- Track Your Steps. Set a daily goal for how many steps you want to take and then track them. Popular tracking devices, apps or any standard pedometer will do the job and keep your cardio in line. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, regular exercise can result in health benefits like improved sleep and mood, heart health and weight-loss. Start a Challenge Group with your friends and set a fitness goal centered around walking or running–see how many steps you can track!
- Get Some Shut Eye. Sleep matters for lots of reasons. A good night’s rest is essential for learning, creativity, memory and health including immune function and heart health. Make sure to get the recommended eight hours of sleep each night and you’ll be on your way to well rested in no time.
- Focus on Fats–the Healthy Kinds. Healthy fats like omega-3s found in fish, nuts and seeds; olive oil and avocados actually help you burn more fat and help reduce inflammation in your body. Don’t eat enough fish? Our Vi-Pak® Omega Vitals are the perfect solution for getting your daily dose of omega-3s and omega-6s. Your cells will thank you by promoting construction of healthy cell walls and improving communication throughout your body.
- Eat Carrots. Carrots are rich in vitamin A and just half a cup contains nearly double the amount you needs for healthy vision, skin and teeth. They are also a good source of potassium, which helps maintain healthy sodium levels in the body. Toss some carrots, spinach and kale in a blender and mix up a green Vi-Shape® Shake.
- Just Add Chocolate. Even the smallest bit of chocolate can be a mood booster. Stir in 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix into your Vi-Shape® Shake. Cacao is the secret behind this superfood. Cocoa is cacao in its roasted, ground form, which makes it a sweet treat that’s choc full of antioxidants. Add a crunchy snack to the mix with our all-natural Chocolate Monkey Vi-Bites™, which pack 9 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber.
Sometimes it’s the simple things that go a long way to making a big dent in our overall health goals. Try any or all of the above tips and Challenge the teammates in your Challenge Group to do the same.