A Challenge is defined as difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it. The ViSalus 90-Day Challenge is stimulating and engaging, but can be difficult at times. With that being said, you may be in need of some tips to have a successful Body by Vi Challenge.
The Challenge isn’t difficult because the Kits are hard to use or results take insane amounts of hours in the gym. More specifically because as a society we have so many unhealthy habits. And habits are hard to break- many of them we do unconsciously because we grew up with our mothers making us canned soup with grilled cheese for lunch and Pizza Fridays.
All of these ideas came from somewhere: the media, commercials, big box stores or a coupon- somewhere. They helped our families get food that tasted great at a reasonable cost and took little-to-no time out of our busy schedules. But unfortunately for our health this started a major trend in the quick fix, low cost, high fat, high sodium, low nutritional value. Thus the overweight and obesity trend has been on the rise ever since.
Good News: research shows that habits are easier to make then they are to break. By being consistent with your 90 Day Challenge you will increase your chances for success in the long term.
Quick tips for having a Successful Body By Vi Challenge
- Go public with your goal, having the support of others is extremely important to success. Facebook is a fantastic platform for this.
- Find a friend or family member to stay accountable to, or even better join the challenge with you.
- Set a measurable goal. (i.e. weight loss, inches lost, amount of push ups, a marathon etc)
- Always take before photos and measurements and film your Project 10 Video – you will notice visible changes this way.
- Set your day for success, before going to bed make sure your ViSalus products are ready to go when you jet out of the house.
- Schedule your time in your calendar for exercise, and make sure to always have your gym bag with you in your vehicle.
- Adopt a no failure no quit mindset
- Environment is greater then will, make sure you keep yourself in a positive setting, with people who support you, understand you and want to help you achieve your goal. Challenge.com is a great place to connect with fellow challengers for support.
- Do not become scale happy – do a weekly or bi weekly weigh-in. But keep in mind the average persons weight can fluctuate upwards of 5lbs on any given day.
- The average person takes up to 4 weeks for their body to adjust to their new healthy Vi-Life Style. Your body wants to make sure that you are going to stick with this change before it gives in 😉
- Food Journal – write down what you are eating each day and you may be surprised what you can consume or are not consuming.
-Kristen Johnson, 5-Star ViSalus Ambassador